Galvatrons Lair
Welcome to my Lair!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Galvatrons Lair
Welcome to my Lair!!
Galvatrons Lair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mastermind Creations Reformatted Feral Rex Part 2: R04

3 posters

Go down

Mastermind Creations Reformatted Feral Rex Part 2: R04 Empty Mastermind Creations Reformatted Feral Rex Part 2: R04

Post by Detective Barricade Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:09 am

Over a year ago, Mastermind Creations started releasing their Reformatted Feral Cons, their take on the G1 Predacons. They had a bit of competition in the form of Unique Toys' War Lord, which kind of sucked at the very start, and in TFC Toys' Project Ares. But this series of reviews isn't about those guys, it's about Feral Rex! I've covered Bovis and Fortis in the previous review, so now we look at the biggest and most expensive one of the group - Leo Dux. Like that other Leo, he leads.

Mastermind Creations Reformatted Feral Rex Part 2: R04 MMCReformattedLD_Alt_zps636e5e9d

Leo Dux's alternate mode is of course a big bad mechanical lion. He's decked out in black, red, yellow, and orange with metallic champagne all over the body and mane. Silver picks out his teeth, and that beautiful metallic red returns for his eyes. His back cannons are in black chrome... for whatever reason. This beast completely does away with potentially looking cute and goes for looking quite fearsome, a welcome change. For accessories, he includes the waist armor for Feral Rex, which mounts onto a piece on his back, and his pair of gargantuan blades. And a pair of pieces that store as part of the beast chest and the tail. The blades attach to 5mm ports on the hind legs, though it's not the most elegant thing to look at. While I've shown him here with his gun, he doesn't come with it. Tigris does. It would be foolish to think this kitty has all the articulation of a brick, for while it's a bit limited in places, Leo Dux can still pull off some poses in this mode. So how big is he?

Mastermind Creations Reformatted Feral Rex Part 2: R04 MMCReformattedLD_Altcompare_zps2f4b89bb

Big enough for Generations Springer to ride like in that one episode of the original cartoon. Let's see the robot mode.

Mastermind Creations Reformatted Feral Rex Part 2: R04 MMCReformattedLD_Bot_zpsfc2e3f0a

Transformation is pretty involved, but the only real trick is folding the outer pieces of the mane away. And remembering to flip out the mid-foot supports. The robot mode is unquestionably Razorclaw. No new colors show themselves, but he still looks impressive. For having perhaps the most dull face sculpt, a visor and mouthplate, he still manages to ooze character. Probably because he gets gigantic blades to play with. The waist armor can be converted into a shield that mounts to either arm via the slots. There's also 5mm ports on the forearms for his gun to attach to once you have it. Sadly, the beast chest pieces don't really store on him, so you'll have to either leave them off to the side or attach to the blade handles if you only intend to get Leo Dux. His back cannons though can be detached from his back and plugged into his arms if you wish. The tabs holding his upper arm joints in place don't always work very well, but he doesn't usually hold anything heavy enough for this to be a big deal anyway. The tail splits in half and plugs onto the sides of the cannons, but only very loosely. Despite this, with about 22 points of articulation, (more depending on if you count the ability to have the cannons move and/or his heels and toes being separate pieces) this guy can pull off a lot of cool poses.

I suppose I should give a comparison in this mode... Let's use Springer again.

Mastermind Creations Reformatted Feral Rex Part 2: R04 MMCReformattedLD_Botcompare_zpscd0a376b

...Yeah, Leo Dux is roughly the size of the old Ultra class toys. Good thing too, as he's the core of Feral Rex.

Leo Dux continues where Bovis and Fortis left off. He's fantastic in all of his modes, and while the next two I'm reviewing help him out in ways, he stands alone just fine. But of course, with him and his four squad-mates you can BUILD GIANT ROBOT!
Detective Barricade
Detective Barricade
Attention Seeker

Back to top Go down

Mastermind Creations Reformatted Feral Rex Part 2: R04 Empty Re: Mastermind Creations Reformatted Feral Rex Part 2: R04

Post by Galvatron Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:58 pm

Mastermind Creations Reformatted Feral Rex Part 2: R04 NightmarePlanetSteed

I'd love to see a review for (not) PREDAKING
Galvatron
Galvatron
Super Slutty Skanky Post Whore
Super Slutty Skanky Post Whore

https://galvatronslair.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Mastermind Creations Reformatted Feral Rex Part 2: R04 Empty Re: Mastermind Creations Reformatted Feral Rex Part 2: R04

Post by Detective Barricade Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:42 pm

Galvatron wrote:Mastermind Creations Reformatted Feral Rex Part 2: R04 NightmarePlanetSteed

I'd love to see a review for (not) PREDAKING
I'm getting there. I gotta review the arms next.
Detective Barricade
Detective Barricade
Attention Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperOmegaPrime Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:47 pm

So its kind of like the old song, head, shoulders, knees and toes, knees and toes! hehehe

Maybe we should take that pic of Springer on that Predacon's back and make it the next caption contest image?
SuperOmegaPrime
SuperOmegaPrime
Promiscuous Post Whore

Back to top Go down

Post by Detective Barricade Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:26 am

SuperOmegaPrime wrote:So its kind of like the old song, head, shoulders, knees and toes, knees and toes! hehehe

Maybe we should take that pic of Springer on that Predacon's back and make it the next caption contest image?
Which one? My picture, or the cartoon picture?
Detective Barricade
Detective Barricade
Attention Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperOmegaPrime Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:18 pm

Cartoon!
SuperOmegaPrime
SuperOmegaPrime
Promiscuous Post Whore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down