Galvatrons Lair
Welcome to my Lair!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Galvatrons Lair
Welcome to my Lair!!
Galvatrons Lair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Toy Base 10

4 posters

Go down

Toy Base 10 Empty Toy Base 10

Post by Dinobot Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:42 pm

As some of you know, I live in the everchanging weather state of Oklahoma. About 8 years ago, I stumbled upon a store that sold a ton of vintage toys, mainly 70's and newer. The store was toy base 10. Mainly cause it was on 10th st in Oklahoma City. After years of shopping there, Steve the owner sold the store to a guy who offered him tons of money. After a little time, the store folded cause the new owner was a complete douche about selling things. Fast forward 4 years later and I hear of another store in Edmond which is about 30 minutes away. I go there and Steve the original owner set up a new shop! It was cool, but very small.

We caught up a little bit, and soon after, we had some ridiculous floods. His shop had 8 inches of water in it, which ruined some of his stuff. About three weeks later he calls me. He says hey, im setting up shop again in OKC, come check the place out. Its back on 10th st again in a new building, and its friggin massive! He has sooo many toys and other things, I find something new everytime. There are several rooms and each one is different. A TF/Zoids room, a GI Joe room, a Star Wars/Star Trek room, and a few others, plus hallways full of stuff.

He doesnt sell stuff online just because he hates ebay, but he is very cool and negotionable on toys. He doesnt put prices on stuff just because he loves to barter. If any of you come through Oklahoma at any time, let me know, and I would be glad to swing you by his shop. He is a super cool guy, and his passion is seeing old toys go to people who really like the stuff. He would rather sell it to you cheap, than someone on ebay who will turn it around for a quick buck. I go there once a week, and his stuff is always changing/moving. The last time I went he had 20 walmart MP Skywarps that some dude bought and couldnt sell. Just an example.
Dinobot
Dinobot
Asylum Inductee

Back to top Go down

Toy Base 10 Empty Re: Toy Base 10

Post by Dirge Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:15 pm

does he get the MPs in there ?
Dirge
Dirge
Guardian of the LAIR

Back to top Go down

Post by Galvatron Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:37 pm

Does he have a good selection of TFs?
Galvatron
Galvatron
Super Slutty Skanky Post Whore

https://galvatronslair.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dinobot Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:50 am

He has a great selection of TFs. In fact, if you needed parts or pieces of a broken fig, he has tubs full of bodies and parts of bodies. Plus he gets new tfs in all the time. The last batch he got in along with the MP skywarps was the entire animated line. I bought Purple shockwave, Blurr, and Arcee. He still had everyone else. He even got in a bunch of classics figures. As far as getting MPs goes, those tend to just drift in there from time to time. Someone will do a trade, or he'll buy them off someone looking to part with their collection such as the case of the animated line. Most of his customers are long time ones like myself.
Dinobot
Dinobot
Asylum Inductee

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebee Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:35 am

one day i want to see it if we are all not too old lmao
bumblebee
bumblebee
Hive Headhunter

Location : Standing behind Galvatron with a cutting torch...Mohahahahaha

Back to top Go down

Post by Galvatron Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:05 am

:affraid: :affraid: :affraid: :affraid: :affraid:

*finds map to Okylahoma*

I'm on my way!!!

I wish we had stores like that where I live.
Galvatron
Galvatron

https://galvatronslair.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dinobot Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:48 am

It would be great to all meet up some day.
Dinobot
Dinobot
Asylum Inductee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down