Galvatrons Lair
Welcome to my Lair!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Galvatrons Lair
Welcome to my Lair!!
Galvatrons Lair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RID toys reviewed (not TFP RID)

3 posters

Go down

RID toys reviewed (not TFP RID) Empty RID toys reviewed (not TFP RID)

Post by SuperOmegaPrime Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:13 am

Ok, I'm going to review my RID toys, not the TFP ones, but the ordinal RID line also known as Car Robots, I'll start with RID prime:

RID toys reviewed (not TFP RID) Optimusprime001

Basic robot mode has a great range of motion, superior to the toy that came later for Armada!

Weapon is a small pistol, to some it might look puny, but, it seems rather practical to me, for a major commander who always moving! He does have lights and sounds, for robot mode, he got a couple of phrases, one which is kind of, not quite right, he yells "Autobots Maximize" He also yells "Fire!" And you get a couple of gun shot sounds, plus the siren sound!

RID toys reviewed (not TFP RID) Optimusprime003

Alt mode is a ladder fire truck, which has a extending ladder section! In this mode, there is little to indicate that he is more than meets the eye! RID toys reviewed (not TFP RID) 42017

RID toys reviewed (not TFP RID) Optimusprime004

There is four missiles hidden within the ladder capable of being launched after being flipped up, there's also a pair of flip out water cannons at the front, in the show, they only got used as water cannons not lasers, I guess in the RID Universe, that water and lasers don't mix! If you press the button on top of the cab, you get siren sounds and flashing lights, the lights move about for the robot modes, thou its done by hand, no auto transform gimmick in this!

RID toys reviewed (not TFP RID) Optimusprime005

The underbelly of the vehicle mode, nothing to really say that its a robot disguised as a fire truck!

RID toys reviewed (not TFP RID) Optimusprime008

What forms his feet in battle/super mode, is missile launchers for his shoulders, thou they don't fire, but it looks pretty cool and they sit upon his shoulders neatly but then comes the balance issue, because he doesn't have very large feet, I guess the missile launchers aspect was created during the making of the mould to give him something else beyond his super mode, but what the hey, it works!

RID toys reviewed (not TFP RID) Optimusprime014

The trailer converts into a small command post, thou here, the missiles aren't much use unless your enemy is up on a hill behind the command post!

RID toys reviewed (not TFP RID) Optimusprime015

Another feature in this, is what forms the battle mode chest, part of it opens up to reveal what might be the Cyber Matrix or used as a means to recharge him self from the trailer, it never really got explained in the show, but then again, the command post only as far as I recall, appeared once and that was in the ep that Omega prime appeared for the first time to kick butt! :)

RID toys reviewed (not TFP RID) Optimusprime011

The battle mode, is pretty stable when the ladder is not swung over
his shoulder as I got in this picture, as it the show, it can store
behind him, the end of it, flips around because other wise it be far to long to be behind him!

RID toys reviewed (not TFP RID) Optimusprime009

The battle mode is, simply take apart the trailer and connect onto the basic robot mode body, thou the body needs to lift up to hide the basic mode head, panels on the core parts of the trailer open up to reveal what his knee pads and the basic robot mode feet go into the holes those panels came out of for form the feet of this mode! Two parts, do what can be considered a 180 of the panels for form the hands and connect over Optimus's basic mode arms! The ladder part connects directly onto his chest and part of his shoulders to rest properly and the final two parts go over the rest of his shoulders, after you pulled his arms out a bit for ease of connecting!

Battle mode, has moving thumbs and wrists, plus, cannons on prime's arms, of course, his basic mode, pistol can store on his shoulder in a small hole there and sit nicely, that hole is also used in vehicle mode for one place of storage, the other place is between his legs of the cab mode! Articulation is the same as the basic mode, there is also a pair of cannons on the side of his head that move around to however you wish!

Now some size comparisons:

Basic with Hunt the cons and FE Op:
RID toys reviewed (not TFP RID) Optimusprime007

As you can see, the basic form is about the size of a voyager!

RID toys reviewed (not TFP RID) Optimusprime013

The battle mode is about the same size as DOTM Sentinel prime leader class!

Overall, well, personally, I always liked the basic mode over his battle mode, its the head of the battle mode that bugs me the most, it doesn't quite have that Optimus feel, thou I put it down to the fact he has no mouth in that mode whatsoever! Still, he is a pretty nifty robot and he was the one who really kicked off the decade where Optimus was combining with his trailer for battle, of course the first combo with trailer is Power Master Optimus, but the very first combining with trailer goes back to Diaclone with what became Ultra Magnus's toy! Of course, with this prime you can connect to Magnus for Omega prime, but I'll go into detail about that after I have reviewed Magnus!

I recommend this Optimus over the Armada one because there is very little that can be considered a pain, sure his back is bigger than depicted in the show for basic mode, but that's to house batteries and electronics, honestly, I think he is pretty sweet and better looking for sure than Prime RID Optimus, thou that's not hard! RID toys reviewed (not TFP RID) 42017 If you want him, go and get him, you won't be disappointed, I consider him a fun toy and he can be a nice display piece as well!
SuperOmegaPrime
SuperOmegaPrime
Promiscuous Post Whore

Back to top Go down

RID toys reviewed (not TFP RID) Empty Re: RID toys reviewed (not TFP RID)

Post by Galvatron Mon May 06, 2013 4:53 am

this is the series that was going strong when i got my son into TF's. I was thrilled to see them back in vehicle form after being beasts. Unfortunatly, 9-11 made it so that the US missed a few episodes and it's never been released on a dvd box set over here either. Great series. My son used to have almost all the figures from that line. Scourge is by far the best.
Galvatron
Galvatron
Super Slutty Skanky Post Whore

https://galvatronslair.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixshot Mon May 06, 2013 10:46 pm

Galvatron wrote:Scourge is by far the best.

I can't say I've seen a single episode, but I'll agree with you that Scourge is an awesome toy! It's the only RID figure in my collection, though there are others that do look pretty sharp. (ie: Magnus and Prime for starters)
Sixshot
Sixshot
Pimp Maestro of the Lair
Pimp Maestro of the Lair

http://joevscobrabattle.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperOmegaPrime Mon May 06, 2013 11:11 pm

RID Magnus is a ok toy, yet rather top heavy, while the arms are kind of flimsy when trying to hold his weapon on just one arm! Optimus is a pretty cool toy, thou I'm not a major fan of the battle mode head, overall he nice with great articulation in both robot modes, if anything, he better than the Optimus toy that followed for Armada! Scourge totally owns the G2 mould, he makes it look bad ass, the only other con from the series I got in my collection, is Megatron, the six or sometimes ten mode robot, he a rather ambitious figure in terms of design, yet it comes across almost flawlessly, about the only flaw I can think of, is in regards to the tail for twin head dragon mode, it doesn't stay in place to well at times because it basically sat on top of the robot mode head!
SuperOmegaPrime
SuperOmegaPrime
Promiscuous Post Whore

Back to top Go down

Post by Galvatron Tue May 07, 2013 1:46 am

my son used to have the OP and UM from that series. He was so young at the time and always wanted me to transform them for him. I had them combined once. It took me over an hour to figure it out.
Galvatron
Galvatron

https://galvatronslair.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperOmegaPrime Tue May 07, 2013 12:42 pm

Combining Prime and Magnus is pretty simple when you know how and once that's done, you can take the parts that form Prime's trailer and attach them to Omega Prime, thou I don't recommend putting the ladder part on because its a right pain in the ass to get to stay on top and it adds to the robot weight on top!
SuperOmegaPrime
SuperOmegaPrime
Promiscuous Post Whore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down