Galvatrons Lair
Welcome to my Lair!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Galvatrons Lair
Welcome to my Lair!!
Galvatrons Lair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My GOD! It's a sick sick sick world

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

My GOD! It's a sick sick sick world Empty My GOD! It's a sick sick sick world

Post by Galvatron Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:33 am

My heart goes out to all the destroyed families in Connecticut. I hope this is an "eye opener" for the world. We need to do something to prevent school shootings! We can't just let it keep happening! I am sad, angry and disgusted about what happened. Let's do that change in honor of all the innocent victoms of all the school shootings. Let's all light a total of 27 candles for the lives lost on this horrible day

My GOD! It's a sick sick sick world 2Q==
Galvatron
Galvatron
Super Slutty Skanky Post Whore

https://galvatronslair.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

My GOD! It's a sick sick sick world Empty Re: My GOD! It's a sick sick sick world

Post by Dai Atlas Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:08 pm

A true true tragedy.
Dai Atlas
Dai Atlas
Spacebridge Operator

Back to top Go down

My GOD! It's a sick sick sick world Empty Re: My GOD! It's a sick sick sick world

Post by Galvatron Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:57 pm

schools need more security.

The violence will not stop unless we get better security in schools. No matter the cost. All schools need security cameras, metal detectors. Maybe even an on site officer. I don't want the schools to feel like a prison for our kids. But I want my kids to be safe. The Connecticut event touches my heart more than any other school shooting. The children were all so young. The gunman walked onto school property with a shit load of guns. If there was security cameras, I believe a lot of lives would have been saved. We have security cameras at banks to protect our money. We have security cameras in our stores to protect the workers. Its come to the time we need cameras on ALL schools to protect our children. Inside the hallways and all angles of the outside.

Nobody should step on school property without being seen.
Galvatron
Galvatron

Back to top Go down

Post by Dai Atlas Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:49 pm

I totally agree with ya Galvy. Children between the ages of 5 and 10, it is so horrible. Definitely more security is needed, and I am not sure if this is a good idea or not but maybe train teachers in the use of not necessarily handguns but Tasers. Then have each teacher armed in schools with tasers, handguns may be a bit much. Better yet make the schools like the airports.
Dai Atlas
Dai Atlas
Spacebridge Operator

Back to top Go down

Post by Galvatron Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:54 pm

absolutly DA. But the school staff would need to be tested frequently in the case of preventing them from going crazy and tazing all the kids. Or leaving the taser out for a kid to reach it.
Galvatron
Galvatron

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixshot Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:39 pm

My heart goes out to all those affected in Connecticut at Sandy Hooks Elementary School. My son's in Junior High (High School next year) and I have a daughter that's still in Elementary School and stories like these just hit home so hard. I agree that security needs to be beefed up at our public schools. But if I recall correctly the school where this occurred at had video surveillance in place and magnetic lock doors where you had to be granted access to be allowed inside.
Sixshot
Sixshot
Pimp Maestro of the Lair
Pimp Maestro of the Lair

http://joevscobrabattle.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:58 pm

I fully agree with all 3 of you...it is a true tragedy that those poor innocent kids were killed. They did not deserve to die nor did the teacher who was the shooter's mother. In terms of security at schools, I know that we all wish that there was more at schools but some of the smaller schools do not have the finances to have a cop on the staff or equipment to monitor what is going on. The larger schools typically have a cop on the staff.

I found out this morning that there was suppose to be another school shooting in Oklahoma by an 18-year old. He was mistakenly talking to others about what he was planning and one of his teachers heard him--he got arrested.

Plotted school shooting in Oklahoma

Last edited by Stormfront on Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Galvatron Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:17 pm

I dont think finances should be an issue. It should be mandatory from the government paid for by the government.

This coward bastard in Connnecticut broke through the window. Fully armed with assault rifles. Where was the security camera? Sure the camera might have caught him. But who's monitoring the cameras? This country has so many people on unemployment. Monitoring security cameras at school for minimum wage would create 1000's of jobs all across the friggin country.

Something needs to be done to fix this problem. And gun control is NOT the answer.
Galvatron
Galvatron

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:49 pm

But here is a bit of the problem...most of the state governments have cut funding on education per student and focused on other programs. It ranges between a $533 to $6 drop per student. However, some have increased ranging between $1 and $531. Due to this, some schools get more money than others due to how many students it has.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galvatron Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:01 pm

financials should not be an issue
Galvatron
Galvatron

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperOmegaPrime Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:43 pm

From what I read about this tragedy part of the fault lies with the fact its so easy to get a hold of assault weapons in some states! The question is, how many more people have to die by assault weapons before the various states get the idea that, they don't need to have assault weapons for self defence measures, its not like anyone is going to invade the states!

Anyway, I feel sorry for those children, their lives cut short in a senseless act of Violence, so many questions, why, why did the killer murder his mother, why did he go and murder all of those innocent children? My GOD! It's a sick sick sick world 743344 My GOD! It's a sick sick sick world 408328

If there is a hell in the afterlife, I hope he burns for this crime!
SuperOmegaPrime
SuperOmegaPrime
Promiscuous Post Whore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixshot Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:57 pm

I own a semi-automatic assault rifle (.35 caliber). But I'm not about to go on any killing sprees either. I've went deer hunting a few times with it, though. My GOD! It's a sick sick sick world 255539Gun ownership is pretty much essential for survival with the way times are today. Even in countries where guns are outlawed they're still being sold illegally.
Sixshot
Sixshot
Pimp Maestro of the Lair
Pimp Maestro of the Lair

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperOmegaPrime Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:44 am

Sixshot wrote:I own a semi-automatic assault rifle (.35 caliber). But I'm not about to go on any killing sprees either. I've went deer hunting a few times with it, though. My GOD! It's a sick sick sick world 255539Gun ownership is pretty much essential for survival with the way times are today. Even in countries where guns are outlawed they're still being sold illegally.

Don't you yanks have anything better to do than go shooting poor defenceless animals with guns that fire mutable shots per a second?
SuperOmegaPrime
SuperOmegaPrime
Promiscuous Post Whore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixshot Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:21 am

I only need to squeeze the trigger once. And me and my family eat everything we kill so God provides. You ever eaten venison, SOP?
Sixshot
Sixshot
Pimp Maestro of the Lair
Pimp Maestro of the Lair

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperOmegaPrime Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:10 pm

Sixshot wrote:I only need to squeeze the trigger once. And me and my family eat everything we kill so God provides. You ever eaten venison, SOP?

No, but I don't go hunting because guns are hard to come by in the UK and besides, I don't want a real gun or go hunting in that manner! On top of that, where wildlife that might be considered worth hunting live on an estate which is also a park I think, not sure, but the grounds are for the most part, accessible to the general public and get used for all sorts of events including the International Balloon Fiesta!
SuperOmegaPrime
SuperOmegaPrime
Promiscuous Post Whore

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirge Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:26 pm

It's not THAT hard to get a gun in the UK.

The difference here is that every person who owns a gun, must have a licence to own one, which is only granted after police checks.

I'm a farmer by trade, although I no longer keep my own stock, I still work with it.

I used to own a gun, a twin barrelled shotgun, this was used for defence of my livestock.

If I saw a dog, or any other animal, attacking a sheep. I would not think twice about pulling the trigger.

Most sheep farmers in the country are the same.

That said, gun crime here is far less than the USA. Handguns have been illegal here for years. And I think that's rightly so.
Dirge
Dirge
Guardian of the LAIR

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperOmegaPrime Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:41 pm

Dirge wrote:That said, gun crime here is far less than the USA. Handguns have been illegal here for years. And I think that's rightly so.

But the question is, do people in the US, need these automatic weapons for self defence? I think not, even hunters, don't need such a weapon to hunt an animal, why waste shots when a single shot will do?
SuperOmegaPrime
SuperOmegaPrime
Promiscuous Post Whore

Back to top Go down

Post by Galvatron Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:36 am

I agree on that part UK'ers. We don't need fully automatic guns for self defence. Unless we are defending against an army of "bad guys".

But they sure are fun to shoot!!!!
Galvatron
Galvatron

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirge Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:16 pm

I've heard today about a teacher who hid her kids in the closets then told the gunman they were elsewhere.

He shot her before moving on. This female teacher is a true hero. She gave her life for the kids in her care.

Respect where it's due.
Dirge
Dirge
Guardian of the LAIR

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperOmegaPrime Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:09 pm

Dirge wrote:I've heard today about a teacher who hid her kids in the closets then told the gunman they were elsewhere.

He shot her before moving on. This female teacher is a true hero. She gave her life for the kids in her care.

Respect where it's due.

I heard about that, but not in great detail or anything! The saddest part of all this, is so many children, who lost their lives, I value my niece and nephew even more now and treasure the memories created with them, those who are close to children of family, would understand my feelings on this!
SuperOmegaPrime
SuperOmegaPrime
Promiscuous Post Whore

Back to top Go down

Post by Galvatron Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:21 am

This is why it has affected me so deeply. I got 3 children in schools. I can tolerate bad news. But when children are involved I loose it. I love my kids and do all i can to protect them from harm. Just this week, both of my kids in high school brought home a note. The note claimed that some kids were planning on a school attack on Friday 20th. This is bullshit. I can't believe anybody would even talk about doing a sort of thing. Some kids need to be taken out back to the ol' woodshed. Even if it's supposed to be some kind of sick joke to get attention and rumors started. The school is doing everything it can to protect everybody. Police were called and there was an investigation. Today, my kids told me that a fellow student was arrested and hauled off in the back of a police car. They are still afraid to go to school on friday. What a mess.

As for that teacher that saved her class. She is a true hero. The gunman came to her room, she hid all of her students and told the gunman that her students were all in the gym. He shot and killed her and moved on. All of her students were saved because of her.

GOD bless her!!!!
Galvatron
Galvatron

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:12 am

What that teacher did is truly remarkable to save those kids. Anybody that can save a child's life is a hero in my heart.

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperOmegaPrime Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:43 pm

Stormfront wrote:What that teacher did is truly remarkable to save those kids. Anybody that can save a child's life is a hero in my heart.

Then there be a lot of unsung heroes out there because some kids are victims of abuse by their parents and get taken from their parents for their own safety and protection!
SuperOmegaPrime
SuperOmegaPrime
Promiscuous Post Whore

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirge Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:47 pm

Said teacher should receive the highest honour for her actions that day.
Dirge
Dirge
Guardian of the LAIR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixshot Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:24 pm

SuperOmegaPrime wrote:I think not, even hunters, don't need such a
weapon to hunt an animal, why waste shots when a single shot will
do?

I know a lot of hunters down here in my area and not 1
hunts with a semi-automatic or fully automatic gun of any kind. I only
went with my .35 cal. semi-automatic assault rifle once and only needed
to shoot it once. I prefer to hunt with my Winchester 30-06 or my
Remington 30-30. ;)

Galvatron wrote:This is why it has affected me so deeply. I got 3 children in schools. I can
tolerate bad news. But when children are involved I loose it. I love my
kids and do all i can to protect them from harm. Just this week, both
of my kids in high school brought home a note. The note claimed that
some kids were planning on a school attack on Friday 20th. This is
bullshit. I can't believe anybody would even talk about doing a sort of
thing. Some kids need to be taken out back to the ol' woodshed. Even if
it's supposed to be some kind of sick joke to get attention and rumors
started. The school is doing everything it can to protect everybody.
Police were called and there was an investigation. Today, my kids told
me that a fellow student was arrested and hauled off in the back of a
police car. They are still afraid to go to school on friday. What a
mess.

As for that teacher that saved her class. She is a true
hero. The gunman came to her room, she hid all of her students and told
the gunman that her students were all in the gym. He shot and killed her
and moved on. All of her students were saved because of her.

GOD bless her!!!!

I have 2 still in school myself, Galvy. There hasn't been any bomb plots
or school shooting plans that have made the news around here but I'm
definitely worried that day will come. I think a lot of times these kids
are already suicidal to begin with. And this is the "new" way to do it
and make headlines at the same time. I would say they have a fucked up
home life; but I've seen a lot of rich, spoiled kids commit suicide as
well.

Totally agree about the teacher. God bless her!!!! She's a
TRUE heroine! That took a lot of faith to do that. I don't think bravery had
as much to do with it as fast as it all probably happened.
Sixshot
Sixshot
Pimp Maestro of the Lair
Pimp Maestro of the Lair

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next