Galvatrons Lair
Welcome to my Lair!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Galvatrons Lair
Welcome to my Lair!!
Galvatrons Lair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode VII

4 posters

Go down

Episode VII Empty Episode VII

Post by Galvatron Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:39 pm

'Star Wars: Episode VII' Cast Announced

Episode VII 45d83520-cfbe-11e3-bd26-471f77fad708_star-wars-episode-7-cast-announce
Luke. Leia. Han. Chewie. Artoo. Threepio. All present and accounted for as StarWars.com unveiled the official cast of "Star War: Episode VII" Tuesday.
Here's the full release:
The Star Wars team is thrilled to announce the cast of Star Wars: Episode VII.
Actors John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, and Max von Sydow will join the original stars of the saga, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, and Kenny Baker in the new film.
Director J.J. Abrams says, "We are so excited to finally share the cast of Star Wars: Episode VII. It is both thrilling and surreal to watch the beloved original cast and these brilliant new performers come together to bring this world to life, once again. We start shooting in a couple of weeks, and everyone is doing their best to make the fans proud."
Star Wars: Episode VII is being directed by J.J. Abrams from a screenplay by Lawrence Kasdan and Abrams. Kathleen Kennedy, J.J. Abrams, and Bryan Burk are producing, and John Williams returns as the composer. The movie opens worldwide on December 18, 2015.
While original stars Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, and Harrison Ford had dropped hints that they would be reprising their roles for the new chapter, which takes place around 35 years after "Return of the Jedi," nothing was confirmed until today. As expected, the trio will be joined by longtime castmates Kenny Baker (R2-D2), Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca), and Anthony Daniels (C-3PO). Baker and Daniels are the only two actors to have appeared in every "Star Wars" film to date.
New additions include Oscar Isaac and Adam Driver, who recently appeared together in the Coen brothers' 2013 folk music drama "Inside Llewyn Davis." Also onboard: Andy Serkis (best known as Gollum in the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy), Domhnall Gleeson ("About Time") and the legendary Max von Sydow ("The Exorcist"). Fresh faces John Boyega ("Attack the Block") and Daisy Ridley (who has appeared in just a handful of BBC dramas) round out the cast.

Disney Studios chairman Alan Horn confirmed last week that second unit filming has already been underway in remote locations like Abu Dhabi, but the principal cast will not start working in the UK until next month. That leaves them just 17 months for both production and post-production, which is ambitious considering the enormous scale of the project.
May the Force be with Abrams and his very talented cast.
Galvatron
Galvatron
Super Slutty Skanky Post Whore

https://galvatronslair.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Episode VII Empty Re: Episode VII

Post by SuperOmegaPrime Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:03 am

I think the force was with Adams when he directed Star Trek and its sequel, into Darkness, both were great films! As for Star Wars, thou I'm rather open about this ep 7, I am still wondering, is it really worth it, because it might just alienate those who not seen any of the other Movies, of course, Disney is taking quite the gamble on this, when they were saying a Star Wars film every year, with various spotlight films and that might, be the undoing of Star Wars, only time will tell!
SuperOmegaPrime
SuperOmegaPrime
Promiscuous Post Whore

Back to top Go down

Post by Galvatron Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:10 am

kinda hard to make a Star Wars film every year. Even for Disney. As Episode VII is currently in the making, it's not going to be ready until 2015.
Not to mention, it's only a sequel trilogy. I'm doubting episodes VIII and IX will even have anybody from the first trilogy. We won't see those until probably 2017 and 2019 or even 2020
Galvatron
Galvatron

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperOmegaPrime Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:45 am

Well its only what I read, a character solo movie every other year while the main story gets the episode, in the title! Besides, I think its kind of risky to produce another trilogy, if anything, I think Star Wars could do with a complete reboot, start from scratch, not just keep going on and on with the same time line and then there be tons of flaws when you try to combine the comics & Novels to it, thou this is just my personal opinion!
SuperOmegaPrime
SuperOmegaPrime
Promiscuous Post Whore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixshot Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:08 am

I've never heard of the cast list (other than the original members). But if I remember correctly, no one had ever heard of Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill or Carrie Fisher either back in 1977 when George Lucas originally cast them. So maybe we're in for a surprise here, I have complete faith in J.J. Abrams though. Everything he touches turns to GOLD. And with Disneys budget.... the stars are the limit (no pun intended).

I think the force was with Adams when he directed Star Trek and its sequel, into Darkness, both were great films! As for Star Wars, thou I'm rather open about this ep 7, I am still wondering, is it really worth it, because it might just alienate those who not seen any of the other Movies, of course, Disney is taking quite the gamble on this, when they were saying a Star Wars film every year, with various spotlight films and that might, be the undoing of Star Wars, only time will tell!

Way to go Al Adams on directing those Star Trek movies!  hehehe  And who hasn't seen any of the Star Wars movies by now?? Maybe those that haven't been born yet... I dunno?  dunno I know my kids were raised on them, not to mention they're airing on network cable just about every weekend...even in non-promotional years. And like Galvy said, these movies will be spaced 2-3 years apart.
Sixshot
Sixshot
Pimp Maestro of the Lair
Pimp Maestro of the Lair

http://joevscobrabattle.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Galvatron Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:38 pm

I just watched the movie last night and I must say it was AMAZING!!
Great story
Great action
Great actors old and new
Lots of "easter eggs" to look out for

No spoilers posted here until we all have seen it.
Galvatron
Galvatron

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixshot Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:31 pm

I've went and watched it today myself. Awesome movie and highly recommend even if you're not a "super fan". It's just a really well-put together, solid movie. But I won't divulge spoilers or plot details until some time has passed.
Sixshot
Sixshot
Pimp Maestro of the Lair
Pimp Maestro of the Lair

http://joevscobrabattle.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dai Atlas Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:18 pm

Definitely gonna go see it after these blasted holidays are over.
Dai Atlas
Dai Atlas
Spacebridge Operator

Back to top Go down

Post by Galvatron Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:02 pm

let us know what you think Dai. Enjoy
Galvatron
Galvatron

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperOmegaPrime Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:59 pm

Been to see Ep7 today, hardly anyone else in the screen, but then its a weekday, off peek, kids back to school and most people at work, so not a lot of people! Anyway, overall, I'm impressed by the film, one point the space battle between the rebels and the Order of the First, gave me shivers, it was totally awesome to watch! The lightsaber fight, not so impressed with, I half expected a certain master to appear out of nowhere to save the day! The villian Ren, I kind of liked him, but I felt when his helmet came off for the first time, that wasn't nesseary, it would of worked better in the later part of the film, thou that is just my point of view! The final scene of the film, before the credits rolled, I think should of been left on the cutting room floor, it should of ended with the Falcon jumping into lightspeed because then there could be a series of mini-stories that Disney could produce of their adventures on their way to their final destination!

Overall, I say its the best Star Wars film to date, thou not without its flaws, yet JJ did a fine job in dragging Star Wars into the present day with some great story telling and epic Space battles!
SuperOmegaPrime
SuperOmegaPrime
Promiscuous Post Whore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down