Galvatrons Lair
Welcome to my Lair!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Galvatrons Lair
Welcome to my Lair!!
Galvatrons Lair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Transformers DVDs

5 posters

Go down

Transformers DVDs Empty Transformers DVDs

Post by Marlboor WJ Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:35 pm

I just bought this DVD set that has the complete Japanese Headmasters/Masterforce/Victory series. The big frustrating part is it WILL NOT play on any of my current DVD players or my computer laptop. Does anyone else have this set of Transformers DVDs. They are suppose to be dubbed all in English. What is the this NTSC formatting? DO any brands of DVD players have this? The seller states these Discs are "Region-Free" whatever that means! I'd appreicate any help anyone could give!

Transformers DVDs BN1DFgWkKGrHgoOKj8EjlLmVnmBKqdneseJ
Marlboor WJ
Marlboor WJ
Defiant Disciple

Back to top Go down

Transformers DVDs Empty Re: Transformers DVDs

Post by Rumble Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:08 pm

Since you are in the US, your DVD player should be NTSC format anyway SP. Check the fine print on the back of the box to make sure it doesn't say 'PAL' anywhere. Also are they genuine versions of the DVDs? If they are copies that may be what is causing the problem.

Rumble.
Rumble
Rumble
Richest Decepticon

Location : Trapped by Replicating Pods... The kind that keep you up all night with their coughing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galvatron Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:21 am

Are they REGION ONE?
Galvatron
Galvatron
Super Slutty Skanky Post Whore

https://galvatronslair.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Marlboor WJ Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:37 pm

The seller states they are genuine versions, no bootlegs. He is a US seller. And it states they will play on any DVD player and is suppose to play any regions. I've since looked closer at my DVD players...they are NOT NTSC compat. I'll have to buy a NTSC player. He has offered me a full refund if I can't get them to play. SO there's that optin. But I really hope I can get them to work! I found a NTSC DVD Playe for $46 bucks with free shipping!
Marlboor WJ
Marlboor WJ
Defiant Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperOmegaPrime Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:59 am

The Takara G1 addons, I got the UK ones of those, I've been aware of the Regions thing and picture thing! The saddest part about the DVD situation in the UK is, all we got that is worth getting:
G1 complete, plus movie
Beast Machines
Takara HM/MF & V, zone is exclusive to a boxset, why I have no idea, that is stupid!
and Michael Bay's movies, why can't they release the other series into the UK markets and others, I really want to get Beast Wars, that personally is my major fav because of Megatron personalty!

TIP for anyone getting the Takara series of G1, DON'T watch in dub English, that is the worse dub ever, go subs with Jap voices!
SuperOmegaPrime
SuperOmegaPrime
Promiscuous Post Whore

Back to top Go down

Post by Galvatron Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:37 am

the dub version is kinda funny with the names they use. Wheelie sounds like a lesbian.
Galvatron
Galvatron

https://galvatronslair.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixshot Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:09 am

@SOP: You can order Prime off Amazon. I got Sesaon 1 from there and Season 2's now available. I'm not sure about the region code on it though, sorry.
Sixshot
Sixshot
Pimp Maestro of the Lair
Pimp Maestro of the Lair

http://joevscobrabattle.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperOmegaPrime Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:11 am

Sixshot wrote:@SOP: You can order Prime off Amazon. I got Sesaon 1 from there and Season 2's now available. I'm not sure about the region code on it though, sorry.

They'll be region 1, we're only just getting Darkness Rising on DVD over here, talk about lazy, but then, they never completed any of the other series besides from BM, RID and G1 plus the Takara ones, the rest hasn't been given full releases, Cybertron only got one DVD with the first couple of eps on it!
SuperOmegaPrime
SuperOmegaPrime
Promiscuous Post Whore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixshot Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:24 pm

I ran into the same problem with region codes when I wanted to own Transformers Tataki on PS2. It's a Japanese only game that plays only on the Japanese PS2. I nearly bought one too (Jap. PS2) just so I could play that game. Now that WFC/FOC is out, though, I'm glad I didn't. Even though seeing all the characters in G1 would have been cool, just from a nostalgia standpoint.

But back to the topic at hand and my question. Have you checked out prices on getting a Region 1 DVD player?
Sixshot
Sixshot
Pimp Maestro of the Lair
Pimp Maestro of the Lair

http://joevscobrabattle.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperOmegaPrime Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:49 pm

Sixshot wrote:But back to the topic at hand and my question. Have you checked out prices on getting a Region 1 DVD player?

I've already got a multi region player, but that doesn't sort the problem with picture encodes, AKA NSTC and PAL, besides, I rather not import DVD from the US because one might get landed with a import charge and that's extortion! Transformers DVDs 486215 Transformers DVDs 940758
SuperOmegaPrime
SuperOmegaPrime
Promiscuous Post Whore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down