Galvatrons Lair
Welcome to my Lair!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Galvatrons Lair
Welcome to my Lair!!
Galvatrons Lair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Generations 30th Deluxe Tankor

3 posters

Go down

Generations 30th Deluxe Tankor Empty Generations 30th Deluxe Tankor

Post by Detective Barricade Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:42 am

I've got some exciting reviews in the works! But first, a review of a popular character from Beast Machines. Tankor. Specifically, Generations 30th Deluxe Tankor.

Generations 30th Deluxe Tankor GenTankor_Alt_zps4dacd0a5

His alternate mode is a Cybertronian tank. Really not a surprise considering his name. Blue and blue-grey make up most of his colors, with dark grey for the treads and cannon.Some yellow, silver, and red paint help break things up. The barrel can tilt up and down a bit, and shoots a silly pressure-launch missile kind of poorly by pulling back on the barrel. (not unlike Sandstorm's gun) He can also roll around on three wheels - one under each tread in the front and one wide wheel in the back. Tankor does little else in this mode, unfortunately. Maybe if he was a Voyager like Rhinox, but then he wouldn't come with an issue of the recent IDW comic... that features him for all of like one panel on one page and that's it. (still better than Rattrap, I believe) So I guess a size comparison is in order.

Generations 30th Deluxe Tankor GenTankor_Altcompare_zps5c791dff

That's Generations Trailbreak... I mean Trailcutter. A little longer, but not as tall. Let's see the lug in robot mode. Tankor PULVERIZE!!!

Generations 30th Deluxe Tankor GenTankor_Bot_zps053cd82b

Transformation is very simple, yet very satisfying. His legs like to work themselves apart on the friction swivel joint, at least a little. The robot mode looks very much like the hulking brute from the show and from the IDW comics. Nothing new really shows up here. Tankor features roughly 22 points of articulation, counting the cannon's ability to (awkwardly) pivot up and down over his right shoulder, but only his head is ball jointed. (even then, it's just moves left and right, and not even all that far) His claws are geared together on each arm, and the saws built into the forearms can spin, albeit manually.

And now we get to the elephant in the room - Tankor's size in robot mode.

Generations 30th Deluxe Tankor GenTankor_Botcompare_zps9fd578b6

Trail-whatshisface is actually a little taller, though Tankor is much bulkier than the walking force field generator.

Tankor is a fun little toy, but I wouldn't go too far out of my way to get him. On the other hand... this is probably a really inexpensive way to build a small army of Tank Drones without going on ebay for the old Basic toy, or a nice Tankor to lead that army if you've built it up from when they were released.
Detective Barricade
Detective Barricade
Attention Seeker

Back to top Go down

Generations 30th Deluxe Tankor Empty Re: Generations 30th Deluxe Tankor

Post by Ramjet Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:02 pm

Dead on review. I kinda like his squatty legs. I don't do comics or toons, but technically this guy is based off Tank Drone unless Hasbro just screwed up the names. The transformation is very similar to tank drone, too. I'd post a pic of them together along with the McDonalds Tank Drone (a much cheaper way to army build!) but I'm sure there's  a pic like that on the internet so I won't bother.
Ramjet
Ramjet
Hearder Of Inflatable Sheep

http://www.dimgraphics.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Detective Barricade Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:27 am

Ramjet wrote:Dead on review. I kinda like his squatty legs. I don't do comics or toons, but technically this guy is based off Tank Drone unless Hasbro just screwed up the names. The transformation is very similar to tank drone, too. I'd post a pic of them together along with the McDonalds Tank Drone (a much cheaper way to army build!) but I'm sure there's  a pic like that on the internet so I won't bother.
He's based on his IDW comics appearance, which in itself is based heavily on his character model in Beast Machines that the Tank Drone from the Battle for the Spark half of the toy line was based more closely on... versus the only passing resemblance the Mega class Tankor toy has to the character's model in the show. A quick trip into the TF Wiki would confirm. McDonald's toys aren't worth paying anything for.
Detective Barricade
Detective Barricade
Attention Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperOmegaPrime Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:56 pm

I got Tankor in yesterday, after about 11 months or so of waiting, I'm kind of pleased with him, he better than his wave mate of Rattrap, now that is a figure that suffers from a small size and to much going on in regards to transformation!
SuperOmegaPrime
SuperOmegaPrime
Promiscuous Post Whore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down