Galvatrons Lair
Welcome to my Lair!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Galvatrons Lair
Welcome to my Lair!!
Galvatrons Lair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guys I Want Your Opinions!

5 posters

Go down

Guys I Want Your Opinions! Empty Guys I Want Your Opinions!

Post by Dai Atlas Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:01 pm

Okay all of this talk of Combiner Wars and seeing all the goodies, I need the opinions of you wonderful people. I have yet to purchase any CW figures, not because I can't but because when I go in stores there isn't much available. The shelves are always full of the same old same old and I guess people have already bought up the good stuff to sell themselves. Online I guess prices are a bit steeper than I want to spend on a figure that I am not all that impressed with. However Magnus does look bad ass.

With all of this being said whether I find it in store or online, what Combiner Wars figure should I grab as my first figure? Now keep in mind I don't plan to fully invest in this line like I once did for Transformers (If you guys remember some of the Transformers goodies I USED to have) So I am talking about maybe four good figures I may want to get. Or should I buckle down and save my money for 3rd Party TF? If I did go the 3rd party route I am looking at probably only getting two figures this year, and that would be my Christmas/Birthday gift to myself. On that list would definitely be 3rd party Rodimus and Galvatron.

So what do you say guys, what should I do, where should I start? or am I just a lost cause?
Dai Atlas
Dai Atlas
Spacebridge Operator

Back to top Go down

Guys I Want Your Opinions! Empty Re: Guys I Want Your Opinions!

Post by Galvatron Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:41 am

I can't say much about any of the CW figures other than the CW Titan class DEVASTATOR!
He's massive and solid!
He outscales all the other combiners by a long shot but he looks great and very G1-ish
Galvatron
Galvatron
Super Slutty Skanky Post Whore
Super Slutty Skanky Post Whore

https://galvatronslair.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirge Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:53 pm

They don't look over impressive to me, the local TRU has a pretty much full line up of them. but they look flimsy to me so I've not bothered with them
Dirge
Dirge
Guardian of the LAIR

Back to top Go down

Post by Dai Atlas Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:17 pm

Hmmm, I will take both opinions into account, thanks guys.
Dai Atlas
Dai Atlas
Spacebridge Operator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixshot Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:07 am

I'll chip in.

I don't own any CW figures, though a few of them do look pretty cool. I guess it all depends on what you're looking for bud? If you want figures you plan on transforming several times, that will still scratch that nostalgic itch and won't cost an arm and a leg... I'd say go with the Combiner Wars line. If I had to pick 4 (non-combiners) Optimus and Ultra Magnus for sure! Cyclonus looks pretty sharp. And Megatron's available now. I'll keep an eye out for you, if you're wanting anything in particular? I'm tempted to go after CW Defensor myself.

Now on to the 3rd party figures. If you want to go the definitive, showcase, rarely transform... this will be the only representation of this character you'll ever need to buy. Then this might be the route you want to travel. Not to mention, resale value skyrockets on these once they're no longer available anywhere... so if you ever get in a bind, you're almost guaranteed to make money (even after Epay fees). DX9's Carry (Rodimus) who'll be out late Sept./early Oct. would make a GREAT 1st purchase! I own a few of DX9's figures (Chigurh: aka Astrotrain) (Invisible: aka Mirage) and their engineering and quality control are top notch! Astrotrain's transformation sequence is not overly hard to pull off and ingenius in its design. Not to mention both of the DX9 figures I own have crisp paint apps and the chrome on Mirage is professionally done... so no worries with Rodimus' pipes, bro. And Galvatron would make a perfect complimentary "arch-nemesis" showpiece that would look outstanding in a 2 bot diorama setup.

EDIT: 5,500th post! cheers
Sixshot
Sixshot
Pimp Maestro of the Lair
Pimp Maestro of the Lair

http://joevscobrabattle.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperOmegaPrime Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:48 pm

Ok, I gotten a few CW figures, well, most, but not getting Devestator simply because I'm happy with my third party one! Of the CW figures I gotten, their pretty good, thou with Mensor & OP moulds, the chest area can leave a little to be desired! Of the deluxes of what I got so far, I say wave 4 has one of the best paint jobs, but then again, as they make up Optimus Maximus, being the most ordinal combiner in Combiner Wars, its pretty good! Leader class's, I can't say about Starscream thou I got the Jetfire verison of the mould, which is pretty good, Megatron, is nice but looks better with the DX9 upgrade added on to him! Ultra Magnus, he pretty much jumps out of IDW comics thou I plan to get a third party upgrade that's meant for the Fansproject City commander set to give him desent looking missile launchers, the ones that he comes with are ok but the fact their hollow kind of bugs me!

Anyway, third party wise, it pretty much depends upon what figures catches your eye but take my advise, before buying, look for reviews on youtube or something to give you an idea of what your getting and if their worth investing in!

The CW figures are pretty neat and they definely feel right for the most part because they incooperated the scramble city style of play to them where's TFC's NOT Superion, didn't have that feature due to the way the figures are desgined and you can have your own combiner even if you don't collect all of the groups, in other words, fun!
SuperOmegaPrime
SuperOmegaPrime
Promiscuous Post Whore

Back to top Go down

Post by Dai Atlas Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:12 am

Well all very helpful opinions, I will take all of that into account. Thanks gang!
Dai Atlas
Dai Atlas
Spacebridge Operator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down