Galvatrons Lair
Welcome to my Lair!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Galvatrons Lair
Welcome to my Lair!!
Galvatrons Lair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2007 & 2009 Optimus Prime

2 posters

Go down

2007 & 2009 Optimus Prime Empty 2007 & 2009 Optimus Prime

Post by Galvatron Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:30 pm

Here is a quick comparison of the 2 "movie" (leader class) Optimus Primes

The first thing I noticed was that the ROTF Prime (left) was bit of a brighter shade of blue
Less visable seams and really great looking!!

2007 & 2009 Optimus Prime DSCF4871

Another thing I noticed is that the ROTF has clear plastic tailights as opposed to the (07 Movie) Prime
2007 & 2009 Optimus Prime DSCF4872

In bot mode, the ROTF (left) Prime is a little bit taller than the (07) Prime
2007 & 2009 Optimus Prime DSCF4873

Not to mention the ROTF Prime is the only one that can combine with Jetfire.
2007 & 2009 Optimus Prime DSCF4874

Thank you Wheelie for letting me borrow this ROTF Prime.
I have to buy one for myself now!
I like this Prime better than the (07) Prime.
Galvatron
Galvatron
Super Slutty Skanky Post Whore
Super Slutty Skanky Post Whore

https://galvatronslair.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

2007 & 2009 Optimus Prime Empty Re: 2007 & 2009 Optimus Prime

Post by Deszaras Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:34 pm

I'm waiting for the Takara buster version of this mold. The hasbro one is too bland methinks. {Plus the buster prime has a kibble gun}
Deszaras
Deszaras
Energon Harvester

Back to top Go down

Post by Deszaras Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:31 pm

While I don't have the normal 'ROTF prime' I do have a review of another version of this figures

Takara tomy buster optimus prime review

Robot mode:-
2007 & 2009 Optimus Prime Dscf6946
There is a lot of silver paint present on this figure and the paint applications are excellent overall. The kibble gun which makes the figure stand out is easily packed away and when it is undeployed it takes the place of the fuel tanks of the normal ROTF OP.
2007 & 2009 Optimus Prime Dscf6948
Ok down to business. Articulation wise he is limited by the shoulder kibble trapping against the swords and forearm kibble restricting his arm movement. His feet restrict his leg poses as they will only pivot backwards. Overall his articulation is less than the 07' movie prime provided but still reasonable when compared to the articulation of leader jetfire and megatron.
2007 & 2009 Optimus Prime Dscf6947

Rating:- 8/10 {-4 for articulation problems, + 1 for kibble gun, 1+ for excellent paint job}

Transformation:-
The japanese instructions add in some photos of how to do the more complex parts of the transformation making it interesting but not infuriating.

Rating 9/10

Vehicle mode:-
2007 & 2009 Optimus Prime Dscf6949
And here we are. Oddly for a japanese figure there is crappy and annoying soft rubbery plastic smokestacks present. Other than that he rolls well and has a rubbish vehicle sound button. (That is mentioned in the instructions of buster prime) The lights are clear plastic on the chromed front grill, I would have liked them to be painted but thats a minor complaint when compared with the very detailed paint scheme.

Rating 9/10

Extra
And we come to the 'combined mode'
2007 & 2009 Optimus Prime Dscf6950
This is not a figure selling feature to me as plainly it sucks. {This is the offical configuration. I would have preferred a deluxe two pack of specially designed combining jetfire and prime rather than them turning leader jetfire into a glorified flight pack.} Doing this combination removes all of the little articulation that prime possesses in his legs.

To me this combination adds nothing to this figure at all.

Final rating {robot 8/10, transformation 9/10, vehicle 9/10} 8.6/10

Final notes:
While this prime is a decent leader class figure he is not the amazing figure that many made him out to be. The inherent design flaws of the figures arms that restrict there movement cripple the playability. Buster prime is an improvement over the standard version as the extras {the gun and excellent paint apps} make it more bearable.

______
Additional Notes.
Mostly about the amazon.co.jp exclusive black ROTF prime I acquired.
pic of black prime combined with ROTf jetfire standing next to buster prime
2007 & 2009 Optimus Prime Dscf7066
As you can see the black prime matches up perfectly colour wise with jetfire who has been combined in the unoffical configuration which is better than hasbro's configuration.

I'd have to say that these high end japanese exclusive colour schemes are superior to the bland colour scheme present on the base hasbro cost cutting model that was done down to a price rather than what could be done.
Deszaras
Deszaras
Energon Harvester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down