Galvatrons Lair
Welcome to my Lair!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Galvatrons Lair
Welcome to my Lair!!
Galvatrons Lair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Generations

+8
Detective Barricade
Sixshot
Dai Atlas
Ramjet
Unicron
Dirge
Nemesis Prime
Galvatron
12 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Generations - Page 4 Empty Re: Generations

Post by Detective Barricade Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:14 am

SuperOmegaPrime wrote:The main problems with Jazz's head, is the following:
1: They painted it the wrong colour, Black would be more awesome and suits Jazz best, a good example of that would be the Movie Deluxe toy that got the G1 colour treatment, that is beautiful!
2: The eyes, they painted over the bloody eyes for no reason, light piping would work a whole lot better!
3: Gun to small, at least that's how it feels to me!
The Takara version's paint job is accurate to the game model. And Movie Deluxe Jazz in either the Target G1 deco or the Premium Series deco is like putting lipstick on a very ugly, malformed pig. Thankfully HA Jazz fixes all that with his sheer awesomeness, even managing to keep the HA gimmick mostly out of the way and unobtrusive.

Light-piping doesn't work when the translucent plastic is as dark as coal. DOTM Bumblebee has a similar problem, yet Cyberfire 'Bee has...disturbingly good light-piping. That stare WILL CONSUME YOUR SOUL. Painting over the eyes can at least mean they don't look dead.

Yeah, there's nothing much to say about that. Prime gets a decent rifle, Shockwave gets his arm cannon that can be used in multiple ways, and Jazz...gets a piddly pea-shooter.
Detective Barricade
Detective Barricade
Attention Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravage Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:17 am

SuperOmegaPrime wrote:
Ravage wrote:
Detective Barricade wrote:
SuperOmegaPrime wrote:FOC isn't to bad, the dullest is Sideswipe, I really dislike that head and face, but I like his weapon, that's the best bit about him!
That mold has virtually no redeeming qualities aesthetically. Even Takara's paint job can't save it. I feel sorry for the gun that's packaged with Sideswipe, it's that bad.

Starscream though is awesome. As are the repaints of it. But it's not G1, so I guess that makes it automatically awful...

how is it awful just because its not g1?

The reason why, FOC Sideswipe looks bad, is because in comparison to the TFU toy, the heads are majority different, it doesn't begin to capture the G1 look, instead they made some kind of lamo head with a lamo face to go with it, I had hoped at one point to switch the heads with the spare I got when I upgraded my TFU Red Alert figure but sadly the heads are on different joints which makes them incompatible with each other! dammit

that comment was directed to starscream....not sideswipe  hehehe
Ravage
Ravage
Cassette Carnivore

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravage Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:20 am

Ravage wrote:
SuperOmegaPrime wrote:FOC isn't to bad, the dullest is Sideswipe, I really dislike that head and face, but I like his weapon, that's the best bit about him!
That mold has virtually no redeeming qualities aesthetically. Even Takara's paint job can't save it. I feel sorry for the gun that's packaged with Sideswipe, it's that bad.

Starscream though is awesome. As are the repaints of it. But it's not G1, so I guess that makes it automatically awful...

how is it awful just because its not g1?
I'm being sarcastic. But there are people out there who believe if it's not G1, it's automatically awful. And their G1 ends just before the '86 movie. Some may even think that the awesome Masterpiece figures that so slavishly recreate the characters into physical form are atrocious simply because they're not the G1 toys. These people need their thick, rose-tinted nostalgia glasses broken...with the world's biggest sledgehammer.

Honestly, FoC Starscream is an awesome toy. And Hasbro is providing fans the opportunity to have all three of the main Seekers in the same mold for the first time in years. Who knows when we'll see this happen again?

The FoC Jazz/Sideswipe mold has a lot more going against it than just the head and face. The very body itself looks absolutely ridiculous. The head is basically just floating there, the shoulders are much too wide, the arms love to pop off if you try to do anything with them, the hips are ridiculously narrow, and the articulation seems to get in the way of itself. Universe Sideswipe looks better because it is a better toy. My problem with the faces of both Jazz and Sideswipe is that the eyes look dead.
its cool............I just thought you were directing that comment to me and that's in no way how I am.  If I like a toy then I get it regardless of what line it comes from.   :sweet:
Ravage
Ravage
Cassette Carnivore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixshot Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:12 am

I guess I'm a "Geewunner" as I collect pretty much only the lines that appeal to my childhood nostalgia (G1, CHUGs, MP, 3rd party). I'm open to other lines/shows, though and even had a nice Prime collection at one point but still ended up selling them all off. I collect other fandoms too (GI Joe, MASK), so I gotta spread the wealth and can't go "all in" like some others do when it comes to Transformers. Even when I know I'm missing out on a great toy and I'll kick myself later for not getting it.
Sixshot
Sixshot
Pimp Maestro of the Lair
Pimp Maestro of the Lair

http://joevscobrabattle.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramjet Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:47 am

Detective Barricade wrote: Hasbro is providing fans the opportunity to have all three of the main Seekers in the same mold for the first time in years. Who knows when we'll see this happen again?

I hadn't even considered that. I did have to go back and check to see if they made a Movie Skywarp but I hate those stupid fatass molds anyway so they don't count!
Ramjet
Ramjet
Hearder Of Inflatable Sheep

http://www.dimgraphics.net

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperOmegaPrime Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:13 pm

I have the ordinal Movie Thundercracker but I rarely use him, I did like the TFA Seeker mould but I was disappointed when the line got canned out of the blue for no reason, because I had hoped to have a complete set of seekers from it, the primary three, SS, TC & SW, Why, curse you Hasbro, still, I plan to get the FOC SW and have the pre-earth forms! I just couldn't like Movie Starscream in general, I hated his look, he's like a walking target board, just waiting to be shot!
SuperOmegaPrime
SuperOmegaPrime
Promiscuous Post Whore

Back to top Go down

Post by Detective Barricade Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:55 am

Ramjet wrote:
Detective Barricade wrote: Hasbro is providing fans the opportunity to have all three of the main Seekers in the same mold for the first time in years. Who knows when we'll see this happen again?

I hadn't even considered that. I did have to go back and check to see if they made a Movie Skywarp but I hate those stupid fatass molds anyway so they don't count!
They did for ROTF using the '07 mold with the Thundercracker head which is used by the Target Starscream. But that was 2009 and a Walmart exclusive, when a brand new and much improved Voyager Starscream mold had been made. Then the far better Leader toy. And if you wanted a DOTM mini Skywarp to go with Mini-scream and Teenycracker, you had to go the Takara route for him. Though all still based on the weird alien avianoid model from the movies, so physical improvement can only go so far if the aesthetics of the model itself leave a sour taste in your mouth.

Sixshot, you're the better kind of 'Geewunner', as you can accept stuff that isn't purely from the G1 toyline. Some out there likely think the modern updates and slavish recreations of the cartoon models are a sacrilege to the original stuff.
Detective Barricade
Detective Barricade
Attention Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperOmegaPrime Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:01 am

Detective Barricade wrote:Sixshot, you're the better kind of 'Geewunner', as you can accept stuff that isn't purely from the G1 toyline. Some out there likely think the modern updates and slavish recreations of the cartoon models are a sacrilege to the original stuff.

Those are the fans so obsessed with G1 that they can't see past their own flaws, if its not G1 then its not worth it, to them! Me, I'm one who can be open minded, well with the toys at least, movies themselves, I think they just can't grasp TF very well as characters, example, he been in three movies and we don't have a fucking clue who he is much less what he does! Then again, I think maybe the writers of the scripts don't have much clue, their just trying to jam pack as much in as possible but that's just my view
SuperOmegaPrime
SuperOmegaPrime
Promiscuous Post Whore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixshot Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:06 am

Detective Barricade wrote:Sixshot, you're the better kind of 'Geewunner', as you can accept stuff that isn't purely from the G1 toyline. Some out there likely think the modern updates and slavish recreations of the cartoon models are a sacrilege to the original stuff.

cheers   If all us G1'ers had was the G1 toys to play with, I wouldn't be sitting here today. I would have quit collecting a long time ago and probably sold everything off. As much credit as I have to give to Has/Tak for their Classics, Universe and Generations lines....thank PRIMUS for 3rd party, They've really kept shit fun for all of us this last half decade or so.
Sixshot
Sixshot
Pimp Maestro of the Lair
Pimp Maestro of the Lair

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravage Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:52 am

yeah if there was just g1 left it would be boring
Ravage
Ravage
Cassette Carnivore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixshot Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:51 pm

New images have surfaced of Hasbros Leader Class Jetfire that's due out soon!  drool  :pop: 

Generations - Page 4 1186177_733635719988479_1431734905_n
Generations - Page 4 1661263_733635803321804_991825996_n
Generations - Page 4 1723639_733635819988469_647996696_n
Sixshot
Sixshot
Pimp Maestro of the Lair
Pimp Maestro of the Lair

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperOmegaPrime Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:24 pm

WOW what , looks impressive, but I want to see the backpack that he should have on and how he looks then! I dig the jet mode, I'm not to sure about robot mode, it looks like it could do with some blue to break up the white because Skyfire did have some blue paint apps in his G1 cartoon appearance, which this is clearly based on!
SuperOmegaPrime
SuperOmegaPrime
Promiscuous Post Whore

Back to top Go down

Post by Detective Barricade Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:43 pm

I'm...moderately interested. Will be more interested once I can get a better look at it.
Detective Barricade
Detective Barricade
Attention Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravage Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:04 pm

same here.  im waiting to see more but it looks awesome.
Ravage
Ravage
Cassette Carnivore

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebee Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:31 am

I'm definitely interested in jetfire. Looks really close to g1. I almost thought it was an encore lol
bumblebee
bumblebee
Hive Headhunter

Location : Standing behind Galvatron with a cutting torch...Mohahahahaha

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperOmegaPrime Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:45 pm

I was thinking, this looks awfully like a third party's Starscream, somehow I can see a potential retool of the head and a different paint job and we have another Starscream!
SuperOmegaPrime
SuperOmegaPrime
Promiscuous Post Whore

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravage Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:01 pm

we don't need anymore starscreams
Ravage
Ravage
Cassette Carnivore

Back to top Go down

Post by Galvatron Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:58 am

I agree Ravage :sweet:
Galvatron
Galvatron
Super Slutty Skanky Post Whore

https://galvatronslair.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperOmegaPrime Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:28 pm

Ravage wrote:we don't need anymore starscreams

I bet Hasbro would disagree with you, Ravage, in their mind, they think we need:
Optimus prime
Megatron
Starscream

While takara would think much the same thing, expect that Megatron gets repainted into Galvatron!
SuperOmegaPrime
SuperOmegaPrime
Promiscuous Post Whore

Back to top Go down

Post by Galvatron Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:28 pm

Too many Primes, Megs, Screamers and Bees
Galvatron
Galvatron

https://galvatronslair.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperOmegaPrime Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:12 pm

I think Megatron could use just one more voyager that takes him as a tank, but not as a Samurai, honestly, I just think that Cloud and the Generations retool of ROTF Bludgeon is a mistake for Megatron, I think he would rather have a body design that lets him in cooperate the turret as a weapon for Robot mode!
SuperOmegaPrime
SuperOmegaPrime
Promiscuous Post Whore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixshot Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:57 am

Ravage wrote:we don't need anymore deluxe sized starscreams

There I fixed that for you!  :sweet:  We DESPERATELY need Voyager sized seekers to go in our classics collections, though. The ones we have now are too damn small!  :rant:
Sixshot
Sixshot
Pimp Maestro of the Lair
Pimp Maestro of the Lair

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperOmegaPrime Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:48 pm

The only voyagers have been TFA & Movie, TFA they never bothered to finish the set, even Takara never bothered!  dammit Movie, way to ugly, which is why I only have a 07 TC thou I rarely touch him, TFA is a great figure aside the fact his missiles launch far to easily!
SuperOmegaPrime
SuperOmegaPrime
Promiscuous Post Whore

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperOmegaPrime Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:31 pm

Saw this on TFW2005, we see Windblade and Jetfire with his backpack on:

Generations - Page 4 JETFIRE-WINGBLADE_1392391093

I think Jetfire could do with some third party love from the looks of it
SuperOmegaPrime
SuperOmegaPrime
Promiscuous Post Whore

Back to top Go down

Post by Detective Barricade Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:07 am

Still can't get a good read on Jetfire. Nice that we have an actual picture of Windblade, though. Tomorrow afternoon should help clarify some things, or at least give a boatload of new info on upcoming stuff.
Detective Barricade
Detective Barricade
Attention Seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next