Galvatrons Lair
Welcome to my Lair!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Galvatrons Lair
Welcome to my Lair!!
Galvatrons Lair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Power Core Combiners

+2
Rumble
Ramjet
6 posters

Go down

Power Core Combiners Empty Power Core Combiners

Post by Ramjet Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:36 pm

When I first saw pix of these before they were released, I thought they looked awesome. No real combiners since Energon. Then I saw them in person and was less than impressed. Not only with the price, but the limbs weren't robots, just 'drones'. Weak. I did really want a Huffer, so I got one off eBay, and the lady also sold me the racer drones super cheap. Smolder is just a great stand alone figure with the coolest mini-con ever. I also just got Searchlight who I've been wanting for a long time. He reminds me of what could be my favorite Go Bot, Twin Spin. Also reminds me of the Headmasters Highbrow a bit.

Here's my collection of them so far:

Power Core Combiners Pccs5

Power Core Combiners Pccs3

Power Core Combiners Pccs2

Smolder and Searchlight with some limbs:

Power Core Combiners Pccs4

Bombshock with his brethren:

Power Core Combiners Pccs

...and a couple older pix of Huffer when I got him:

Power Core Combiners Stuff4

Power Core Combiners Stuff

I definitely want Grimstone, I wouldn't mind having the Aerialbot drones for Searchlight, the Wal-Mart here has a ton of Mudslingers I'm waiting for the price to drop on, up in the air on Icepick, and I didn't even know they made this one until today- UNDERTOW...awesome! Who got some of these? Let's see 'em!
Ramjet
Ramjet
Hearder Of Inflatable Sheep

http://www.dimgraphics.net

Back to top Go down

Power Core Combiners Empty Re: Power Core Combiners

Post by Rumble Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:11 pm

I have a huffer too, took me ages to get hold of one over here. Slight difference to yours in that it doesn't have an orange bonnet on the truck mode, will get some pics up next time I am photoing ZOD. I also have SLEDGE with THROTTLER as well as DOUBLE CLUTCH + RALLYBOTS. Double clutch is poor to say the least. Oh yeah I also got hold of Heavy Tread the other week, he is pretty good with a good robot and good tank mode.
Rumble
Rumble
Richest Decepticon

Location : Trapped by Replicating Pods... The kind that keep you up all night with their coughing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramjet Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:57 pm

I'd pick up a Sledge if I ever saw one! Heavy Tread -the mini-con? I have the Treadshot recolor of him. Not fond of the robot mode, but I have a soft spot for tanks.
Ramjet
Ramjet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rumble Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:01 pm

No not that Heavy Tread, his robot mode is poor.

I meant this Heavytread (with Groundspike):
Power Core Combiners HeavytreadTank
Power Core Combiners HeavytreadBot
Rumble
Rumble
Richest Decepticon

Location : Trapped by Replicating Pods... The kind that keep you up all night with their coughing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramjet Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:16 pm

Woah! I was wondering if you were talking about a guy not on TFU.info. I had never heard of him or Skyhammer until now. Glad I started this thread!
Ramjet
Ramjet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramjet Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:59 am

Power Core Combiners DSC07231

Power Core Combiners DSC07232

Power Core Combiners DSC07233

I also scooped up a Waterlog! The PPC's have some of the best mini-cons ever. Drill bits, axes, plus they're clear. I want to get Mudslinger. They had him at our Wal-Mart forever and I just never pulled the trigger.
Ramjet
Ramjet

Back to top Go down

Post by Thrust Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:22 pm

I only got the first wave of these since I was disappointed in the size and the drones. the figures aren't bad if you ignore the combiner part and I like huffer. I did pick up the grimstone set during Christmas time since it was at walmart for $10. I wish hasbro would come out with a good combiner to fit in the classics type line.
Thrust
Thrust
Energon Harvester

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Saviour Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:49 am

I'm resurrecting old threads because I'm new and want to participate.

Anyway I have mixed feelings about the PCCs: Some rule, some don't. The ones I have are:

Deceptions

Smolder (w/Chopster. Now has Mudslinger's Destructicon drones. Mudslinger broke.) One of the very good ones.

Sledge (w/Throttler. Has spare Crankcase drones. Picked up a free Crankcase with DOTM Shockwave. Too bad I hadn't done it a few weeks prior. Could've got 'Slinger replaced.) He's pretty good.

Crankcase (w/Destron drones) A friend gave me a Crankcase, as well as the free one (w/Shockwave) and the one I bought. Another very good one. Third set of Crankcase drones are on:

Icepick (w/Chainclaw) Probably one of the best. He looks so minty fresh. Has Destron drones, set 3.

Bombshock (w/Combaticons.) Looks great, providing the drones stay in place. This guy had so much potential, yet is average at best, I think.

(I did have Mudslinger but his leg snapped. Irreperable. Need a new one.)

Autobots

Worst first. Double Clutch (w/Rally Bot drones.) What a complete and utter bag of fucking wank! A complete waste of time and space. I have this thing, where I'll try and keep the drones with their partners. However I ouldn't do it with DC and gave his drones to:

Leadfoot (w/Pinpoint. Yeah I gave him Double Clutch's drones. The race car has rally drones. Fitting.) This guy's up there with Icepick. One of the best ones. That I own, anyway.

Stakeout (w/Protectobots. I bought one, my friend gave me another.) Same as Smolder. Very good, though I slightly prefer Smolder's paint scheme.

Huffer (w/Caliburst. What a name. Has the spare Protectobot drones.) Very good, like Crankcase.

So mine are mostly very good. Exceptions being Bombshock (average, but could've been great) and Double Clutch (Bellend.)
Through some good, and bad fortune, all but one of my PCCs has a set of drones. The one, not counting 'Slinger, is Double Clutch. I don't sell my toys so I won't get rid of him. But he sucks. Big time. And I don't mean WrestleMania 22 big time. I'll kill him off in TF:TS or something.
Dark Saviour
Dark Saviour
Fap Master of the Lair

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixshot Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:29 pm

Never was sold on this line. The core robot in the gestalt would have been the only "transformer" in the entire lot and thus not justify the original $19.99 MSRP (though most of these did hit clearance for $10). The Grimstone set was the only one I picked up several times but ultimately decided not to get in the long run.
Sixshot
Sixshot
Pimp Maestro of the Lair
Pimp Maestro of the Lair

http://joevscobrabattle.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Saviour Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:27 am

Yeah the prices were out of whack. Essentially paying about £/$12 for four drones.
Dark Saviour
Dark Saviour
Fap Master of the Lair

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperOmegaPrime Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:35 am

I've passed on PCC TFS after reading a few poor reviews and the fact they are using drones instead of transforming robots, just turned me off, it was almost like the ROTF Devastator toy, looks impressive but lacking the separate robot modes, degrades the toy and makes it a pass! About the best combiner Hasbro has ever produced in my view, is Cybertron Optimus and Wing Saber, followed up by FOC Bruticus, I do hope after the success of the FOC Bruticus, Hasbro does some more combiners that do exactly the same sort of thing as Bruticus does, have robot, Vehicle and limb modes!
SuperOmegaPrime
SuperOmegaPrime
Promiscuous Post Whore

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramjet Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:51 am

The Universe Superion and Bruticus molds were pretty good. What bugged me about those was the re-colored limbs. Weak.

I really love some of the Energon combinations, too. Superlink guys, I mean.

Come to think of it, Energon OP is just like a PPC!
Ramjet
Ramjet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixshot Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:59 am

SuperOmegaPrime wrote:I do hope after the success of the FOC
Bruticus, Hasbro does some more combiners that do exactly the same sort
of thing as Bruticus does, have robot, Vehicle and limb modes!

We owe High Moon Studios for that Bruticus. Hasbro might have signed off on it, footed research/production costs, exc...but without a marketable media behind it driving sales it wouldn't have never happened. I hope the third game brings us to Earth (it's supposed to) and we see a "modern" Menasor and Superion next.

Ramjet wrote:The Universe Superion and Bruticus molds were pretty good.

Especially when you add the FansProject kits to them! Power Core Combiners 2387384449 That's my stand-in "classics" Bruticus, right now. Or until something better's made.
Sixshot
Sixshot
Pimp Maestro of the Lair
Pimp Maestro of the Lair

http://joevscobrabattle.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down