Galvatrons Lair
Welcome to my Lair!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Galvatrons Lair
Welcome to my Lair!!
Galvatrons Lair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Customising: The Art Of Making Something Good... Better.

+12
Starscream
Ramjet
Dirge
Sixshot
Marlboor WJ
bumblebee
Cliffjumper
Galvatron
Kup
Deszaras
Commander Megatron
Rumble
16 posters

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Customising: The Art Of Making Something Good... Better. Empty Customising: The Art Of Making Something Good... Better.

Post by Rumble Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:14 pm

This is the thread to place all them amazing customs that members create. No project is too small to earn a place in here.

To get the thread rolling my most recent finished re-paint: ROTF Dirtboss.

Customising: The Art Of Making Something Good... Better. DBcust3

Customising: The Art Of Making Something Good... Better. DBcust5

Customising: The Art Of Making Something Good... Better. DBcust2

Customising: The Art Of Making Something Good... Better. DBcompare1

Customising: The Art Of Making Something Good... Better. DBcompare3

(Sorry to the members that have seen it before, just thought the intro post needed some meat on them bones).

Rumble.
Rumble
Rumble
Richest Decepticon

Location : Trapped by Replicating Pods... The kind that keep you up all night with their coughing.

Back to top Go down

Customising: The Art Of Making Something Good... Better. Empty Re: Customising: The Art Of Making Something Good... Better.

Post by Commander Megatron Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:29 pm

It still looks cool!! Now Deszaras, Kup get posting!
Commander Megatron
Commander Megatron
Decepticon Leader Administrator

Back to top Go down

Customising: The Art Of Making Something Good... Better. Empty Re: Customising: The Art Of Making Something Good... Better.

Post by Deszaras Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:48 pm

Commander Megatron wrote:It still looks cool!! Now Deszaras, Kup get posting!

Give me a chance. I've almost got something new finished. hmmm Should hopefully {fingers crossed} be finished by sunday. (You may get the isolated madness comic by then as well)

until then you can take a look at the customs I have completed by following this link
http://lordvulcan.esmartdesign.com/customs/customslayout.html
Deszaras
Deszaras
Energon Harvester

Back to top Go down

Post by Kup Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:22 pm

I still have some stuff up my sleeve,

just be patient so i can borrow a camera :)
Kup
Kup
Defiant Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post by Galvatron Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:19 am

Rumble that is bad ass!!!
I told myself I have to get all the "IN" movie toy characters before i bought any "NON" movie characters.

But you just changed my mind!!
I'm gonna get me Dirtboss and repaint him into the same kind of hyster I drive!!

I am getting the repaint bug again!!
Galvatron
Galvatron
Super Slutty Skanky Post Whore

https://galvatronslair.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cliffjumper Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:28 am

nice one Rumble I never seen him before 8)
Cliffjumper
Cliffjumper
Carbon Cloner

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebee Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:57 pm

Kup wrote:I still have some stuff up my sleeve,

i would say borrow dirge's but its prolly broke hehehe

looks great rummble
bumblebee
bumblebee
Hive Headhunter

Location : Standing behind Galvatron with a cutting torch...Mohahahahaha

Back to top Go down

Post by Cliffjumper Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:01 pm

LOL so true how many have you broken now Dirge? hehehe
Cliffjumper
Cliffjumper
Carbon Cloner

Back to top Go down

Post by Marlboor WJ Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:47 pm

I need you guys to help give me some suggestions as to how to proceed with my Custom Prehistoric Swoop figure. I am repainting him to more closely match my other prehistoric G1 Dinobots.

I am using a new and different head. It is from the Dionzone flyer bot. The beak separates to display his face. The PROBLEM: is HOW to attach it. The new head has a ball joint indention but doesn't fit flushed against Swoop's original head. Any ideas????

The other Problem: The head crest on the new head is more than enough, do I need to cut the original red Swoop crest off or keep it? Look at the pics help a fellow customizer out!!!

***Note:The new head is just temp. balancing on Swoop. I think there's a ODD NECK issue too. Any suggestions? I think I need it in order for the new head to still swivel. However it won't fold down between his chest like the old head/beak did.
Customising: The Art Of Making Something Good... Better. PrehistoricSwoopPics001

Customising: The Art Of Making Something Good... Better. PrehistoricSwoopPics004

Customising: The Art Of Making Something Good... Better. PrehistoricSwoopPics003

Customising: The Art Of Making Something Good... Better. PrehistoricSwoopPics005

Customising: The Art Of Making Something Good... Better. PrehistoricSwoopPics007

Customising: The Art Of Making Something Good... Better. PrehistoricSwoopPics008

Customising: The Art Of Making Something Good... Better. PrehistoricSwoopPics009
Marlboor WJ
Marlboor WJ
Defiant Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixshot Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:55 am

I have a couple Swoops but no suggestions at the moment.. grrr I must say, however, I LOVE the direction/vision you have for this piece and I'm totally diggin' the new head mold.
Sixshot
Sixshot
Pimp Maestro of the Lair
Pimp Maestro of the Lair

http://joevscobrabattle.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Marlboor WJ Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:06 am

Thanks! It will look pretty cool..when I can resolve how to attach the new head w/o it looking goofy!
Marlboor WJ
Marlboor WJ
Defiant Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post by Cliffjumper Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:47 am

Just use some glue........ :roll: :lol!: :P
Cliffjumper
Cliffjumper
Carbon Cloner

Back to top Go down

Post by Kup Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:02 pm

i'll throw you guys a bone of the upcoming :lol!:

Customising: The Art Of Making Something Good... Better. Dsc03998r

Customising: The Art Of Making Something Good... Better. Dsc03999n

Customising: The Art Of Making Something Good... Better. Dsc04000c

Customising: The Art Of Making Something Good... Better. Dsc04003c

Customising: The Art Of Making Something Good... Better. Dsc04002e
Kup
Kup
Defiant Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post by Rumble Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:13 pm

@AT: Sorry AT but I can't offer any help with your problems, unfortunetly I have never had a chance to get hold of a Swoop so haven't a clue as to how he is constructed. I will sat however that I think your idea is coming along very nicely and that I look forward to seeing the result once you have solved the issues you have listed.

@Kup: That is looking sharp Kup, your customs always impress. What else do you have planned for him?

Rumble.
Rumble
Rumble
Richest Decepticon

Location : Trapped by Replicating Pods... The kind that keep you up all night with their coughing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirge Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:22 pm

bumblebee wrote:
Kup wrote:I still have some stuff up my sleeve,

i would say borrow dirge's but its prolly broke hehehe

fuQ

i dont know how many i broke but the last ones werent my fault
cry
Dirge
Dirge
Guardian of the LAIR

Back to top Go down

Post by Galvatron Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:00 am

A-3--- I would say cut the original swoop thingy off the back of his head. But not all the way. keep whatever you need to help mount the new head.

Kup-- are you customizing grass?
Galvatron
Galvatron

https://galvatronslair.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kup Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:35 am

that's one "stfu brick" for you hehehe
Kup
Kup
Defiant Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post by Cliffjumper Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:20 pm

:lol!: I can t see the pic properly its too big :pale: thats what she said hehehe Giggity
Cliffjumper
Cliffjumper
Carbon Cloner

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebee Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:46 pm

errrrr ummmm i cant say what i want too hehehe
bumblebee
bumblebee
Hive Headhunter

Location : Standing behind Galvatron with a cutting torch...Mohahahahaha

Back to top Go down

Post by Deszaras Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:27 pm

Finished off a custom that was about 90% complete before:-

Dark future burnout custom -
Customising: The Art Of Making Something Good... Better. Dscf6419
Customising: The Art Of Making Something Good... Better. Dscf6420
Customising: The Art Of Making Something Good... Better. Dscf6421
Customising: The Art Of Making Something Good... Better. Dscf6422
Customising: The Art Of Making Something Good... Better. Dscf6423

He has the one optic head as he is supposed to be able to see in every known vision type, his weapons are a bayonet and a laser rifle {Which used to be a random dagger and the shotgun type weapon from classics ultra magnus.}. Here's his full bio if you're interested:-

Burnout

Primary Function: Decepticon scout

Stats:
Strength: 7
Speed: 8
Intelligence: 10
Agility: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Accuracy: 8
Hand-to-hand skill: 5
Technical Skill: 6

Vehicle mode: convertable sports car.

BIO: Burnout is brash and arrogant too much for most decepticons. He believes himself superior to all of the others and rarely engages in conversation. his commanders have punished him for failure to follow orders on numerous occasions but burnout still pulls the same old stunts. If he was not an excellent scout he would have been reduced to hot slag more than once. Secretly burnout's ambitions lie with the rulership of the decepticons so he has tried to find weaknesses in his commanding officers in order to climb through the ranks. Due to his personality he is not well liked and as such when his dirty underhanded tactics work he is not considered to replace the officer who was lost. Unfortunately for the replacement Burnout never loses sight of his dream and as such will start planning more accidents, such as tipping off an autobot base to expect and attack, rigging a faulty demolition charge to detonate, tampering with a drop pod or backstabbing or further his dream.

WEAPONS/ABILITIES:

With the ability to see in all known vision types nothing escapes his recon. in vehicle mode he is fast and yet silent. He can see what is happening for about a mile all round himself due to his advanced sensor systems.

1 X standard issue decepticon laser rifle with flash suppressor.

1 X laser blade bayonet. [can be wielded like a kinfe or clipped onto the laser rifle for advanced melee.]

Tactical grenades:
Burnout usually carries a disproportionate amount of these 'tactical grenades' He often fogets to check which type he pulls from his subspace and becuase they range from containing luminous paint to a strong EMP field they are hard to predict when he uses them.

WEAKNESSES: Arrogance can lead to infighting with other decepticons.
Deszaras
Deszaras
Energon Harvester

Back to top Go down

Post by Rumble Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:39 pm

Looks good Des and I love the bio too. What figure did you use as a base for him, was it Battle Ravage?

Rumble.
Rumble
Rumble
Richest Decepticon

Back to top Go down

Post by Deszaras Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:40 pm

Rumble wrote:Looks good Des and I love the bio too. What figure did you use as a base for him, was it Battle Ravage?

Rumble.

Yep. Alternators battle ravage was the base.
Deszaras
Deszaras
Energon Harvester

Back to top Go down

Post by Rumble Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:47 pm

Must have been painstaking covering all that black with white. I like the head swap you have done, it suits that body I think.

Rumble.
Rumble
Rumble
Richest Decepticon

Back to top Go down

Post by Kup Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:35 pm

very nice design, i also fancy the headchange
Kup
Kup
Defiant Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post by Cliffjumper Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:46 pm

nice stuff 8)
Cliffjumper
Cliffjumper
Carbon Cloner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next