Galvatrons Lair
Welcome to my Lair!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Galvatrons Lair
Welcome to my Lair!!
Galvatrons Lair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Customising: The Art Of Making Something Good... Better.

+12
Starscream
Ramjet
Dirge
Sixshot
Marlboor WJ
bumblebee
Cliffjumper
Galvatron
Kup
Deszaras
Commander Megatron
Rumble
16 posters

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Customising: The Art Of Making Something Good... Better. - Page 10 Empty Re: Customising: The Art Of Making Something Good... Better.

Post by Ramjet Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:18 am

Rumble wrote:
Energon Shockblast

I knew it!
Ramjet
Ramjet
Hearder Of Inflatable Sheep

http://www.dimgraphics.net

Back to top Go down

Customising: The Art Of Making Something Good... Better. - Page 10 Empty Re: Customising: The Art Of Making Something Good... Better.

Post by Galvatron Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:01 pm

we all anticipate for pictures of the finished project.

If you need a wheelchair, I think I got a spare Wheelie around here somewhere
Galvatron
Galvatron
Super Slutty Skanky Post Whore

https://galvatronslair.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rumble Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:41 pm

He is coming along nicely, I am just finishing up his head and chest. Bad weather here is preventing me from clear coating at the moment, but once I have put the painted bits together I will chuck up another pic for y'all.

Rumble.
Rumble
Rumble
Richest Decepticon

Location : Trapped by Replicating Pods... The kind that keep you up all night with their coughing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rumble Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:55 pm

Sorry all for the double post, but I managed to get outside and do some clear coat inbetween rain showers so here are the new WIP pictures:

Customising: The Art Of Making Something Good... Better. - Page 10 ShockyWIP4

Customising: The Art Of Making Something Good... Better. - Page 10 ShockyWIP3

Now I just need to find him some arms, as the standard ones are.... poor.

Rumble.
Rumble
Rumble
Richest Decepticon

Location : Trapped by Replicating Pods... The kind that keep you up all night with their coughing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rumble Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:53 pm

Forgive the triple post, but I finally finished a custom that I have been working on since August, a re-paint of Universe Silverbolt into G2 Skyjack (yes there was an official re-paint of this but I couldn't find one for an acceptable price so I decided to get a cheap Silverbolt and break out the paints!).

Customising: The Art Of Making Something Good... Better. - Page 10 Plane1

Customising: The Art Of Making Something Good... Better. - Page 10 Plane2

Customising: The Art Of Making Something Good... Better. - Page 10 Bot1

Customising: The Art Of Making Something Good... Better. - Page 10 Bot2

The head and guns are custom made by Renderform which I brought over at TWF2005, I beleive Deszarus brought the same kit and posted it awhile ago...

A word of warning, if you ever want to open this figure up and take him apart, make real detailed notes about how he goes back together and feel free to shoot me a PM if you need any help (some screws are evil to find!).

Hope you enjoy!

Rumble.
Rumble
Rumble
Richest Decepticon

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebee Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:45 am

NICE!!!!! I will take one mohahahahahahahahahahaha
bumblebee
bumblebee
Hive Headhunter

Location : Standing behind Galvatron with a cutting torch...Mohahahahaha

Back to top Go down

Post by Rumble Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:27 pm

Thank you Bee, if you order yours now, judging by my customs work rate, I can have it with you by early 2013. If all goes well of course!

Added a finishing touch to him, a good ol' fashioned G2 Decepticon badge made by Reprolables.
Customising: The Art Of Making Something Good... Better. - Page 10 Bot3

In other Customs news here is my current progress on my 'Classics' Shockwave:

Customising: The Art Of Making Something Good... Better. - Page 10 ShockyWIP5

Done most of his arms now, just sorting out his laser hand and forearm.

Badass shot:
Customising: The Art Of Making Something Good... Better. - Page 10 ShockyWIP6

Let me know what you think!

Rumble.
Rumble
Rumble
Richest Decepticon

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebee Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:41 pm

looks good and i was kidding lol i cant afford a custom lol
bumblebee
bumblebee
Hive Headhunter

Location : Standing behind Galvatron with a cutting torch...Mohahahahaha

Back to top Go down

Post by Rumble Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:47 pm

I knew you were kidding, besides painting one of these guys and struggling to re-assemble him was more then enough!

Thanks for the compliment.

Rumble.
Rumble
Rumble
Richest Decepticon

Back to top Go down

Post by Galvatron Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:36 pm

looks great Rumble
Galvatron
Galvatron

Back to top Go down

Post by Rumble Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:43 pm

Thank you sir!
Rumble
Rumble
Richest Decepticon

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramjet Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:57 pm

How did I miss this? That is one beautiful Skyjack! It's really cool how the clear red booster end things work with the red and black. Is there a place for the guns in jet mode? Did you think of painting them yellow? You know, now you gotta make Space Case and Hooligan. :) Where the hell has Dez been hiding?

Penalty for triple post-instagib.
Ramjet
Ramjet

Back to top Go down

Post by Galvatron Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:28 pm

i sent dez a pm about a week ago. no reply as of yet.
Galvatron
Galvatron

Back to top Go down

Post by Rumble Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:31 pm

Ramjet wrote:How did I miss this? That is one beautiful Skyjack!
Thank you RJ, you need to come down to the lower levels of the Lair more often!
Ramjet wrote:It's really cool how the clear red booster end things work with the red and black. Is there a place for the guns in jet mode? Did you think of painting them yellow?
Not going to paint the guns, but I did get a 'lucky draw' clear Red gun to use with him! The guns can fit either side of the jet mode in his hand holes, but the hands are flipped over so they look like air intakes. Looks pretty neat but I don't have pictures of it.
Ramjet wrote:You know, now you gotta make Space Case and Hooligan. :)
No more repainting of this mold for me.... at least not until I forget just how difficult it is...
Rumble
Rumble
Richest Decepticon

Back to top Go down

Post by Rumble Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:05 pm

OK a new one for you all, a little secret project I have had on my mind for ahile, no to mention the miricle that I have actually finished it as well.

I give you: ROTF Terrorsaur!

Customising: The Art Of Making Something Good... Better. - Page 10 ROTF-TerrorsaurBot1

Customising: The Art Of Making Something Good... Better. - Page 10 ROTF-TerrorsaurBot2

Customising: The Art Of Making Something Good... Better. - Page 10 ROTF-TerrorsaurBot3

Customising: The Art Of Making Something Good... Better. - Page 10 ROTF-TerrorsaurBot4

Customising: The Art Of Making Something Good... Better. - Page 10 ROTF-TerrorsaurAlt1

Customising: The Art Of Making Something Good... Better. - Page 10 ROTF-TerrorsaurAlt2

Customising: The Art Of Making Something Good... Better. - Page 10 ROTF-TerrorsaurAlt3

Made from a HFTD Sunspot, it's a straight repaint to Beast Wars Terrorsaur figure colours all except the head, which was a cast I made off of my BW figure. My first real attempt at panel lining, I think he came out pretty good. I had the idea after I got a ROTF Skystalker and realised how much he resembled a Pteranodon, so I thought why not?

Hope you like.

As always questions and comments are welcome.

(Please forgive the not-quite-so-great picture quality, my proper camera decided to run it's batteries down in it's case).

Rumble.
Rumble
Rumble
Richest Decepticon

Back to top Go down

Post by Galvatron Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:14 pm

i tried painting that figure into a Cybertron Bumblebee.
It turned out to be a pile of shit. :lol!:
Galvatron
Galvatron

Back to top Go down

Post by Rumble Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:30 pm

What? You used brown paint or you put an Autobot sign on him?
Rumble
Rumble
Richest Decepticon

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramjet Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:09 pm

Rumble wrote:What? You used brown paint or you put an Autobot sign on him?

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

That Terrorsaur is AWESOME! Great idea, perfectly executed.
Ramjet
Ramjet

Back to top Go down

Post by Galvatron Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:56 pm

hilarious Rumble and I forgot to mention, your custom looks outstanding as usual.
Galvatron
Galvatron

Back to top Go down

Post by Rumble Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:54 pm

Thanks for the compliment Galvy, even though I am a bit late replying...

A new (but absolutly been in the works for ages) project that I have just got started on. I brought a ZOD junker off of e-bay back in October 2010 with the intention of fixing his electrics (was just a damaged wire), fixing his spring mechinism (just needed a screw replaced), and re-painting him in his prototype colour scheme:

Customising: The Art Of Making Something Good... Better. - Page 10 Realzodproto

The final figure released by TONKA/Bandai was almost completely different to the figure shown above: Customising: The Art Of Making Something Good... Better. - Page 10 ZODreleaseversion

Of course that doesn't mean I can't take some insipration...

WIP shots:

Customising: The Art Of Making Something Good... Better. - Page 10 ZODProtoWIP1

Customising: The Art Of Making Something Good... Better. - Page 10 ZODProtoWIP2

The shade of blue I am using is a bit too light, but it's as close as I can get with my limited resources so I will make do. Oh yes I do have back wheels for him, but the only way to get him in two parts to get at his electrics was to cut one of the wheels in half. No chance in just pulling them from the axel.
Rumble
Rumble
Richest Decepticon

Back to top Go down

Post by Galvatron Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:42 am

I like how you got Scooter down on his knees.

Customising: The Art Of Making Something Good... Better. - Page 10 952374
Galvatron
Galvatron

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramjet Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:18 pm

Looking awesome! I want one. Galv-that first pic was the Bandai (or whatever) prototype pic!
Ramjet
Ramjet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rumble Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:08 pm

Thanks for the compliment RJ, hopefully I can do the prototype justice with him. Was it you that wanted some pics of the insides of ZOD? I know someone asked me but I can't remember who since it was so long ago.

As far as the custom is concerned I have made a bit more progress with him. I started painting the other half of his head, but now have got to wait for the red paint to harden off before I mask it ready to apply the blue.
Rumble
Rumble
Richest Decepticon

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramjet Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:59 pm

It was Galvatron or I. I'd like to see his guts just out of curiosity.
Ramjet
Ramjet

Back to top Go down

Post by Galvatron Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:21 pm

yeeeessss show us the guts
Galvatron
Galvatron

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next